01. As you might of read in my last post, I’ve been in London this week with work, training for my consultancy. Pretty exciting stuff! Annoyingly I’ll have to wait two weeks to find out if I passed but I think it all went well! I’ve been thinking about moving to London for some time now, but after staying there for a week and being shoved and jostled on the way to work every day, paying £10 for a sandwich and a doughnut at lunch and getting back to my hotel smelling like pollution and fuel most nights, I’m thinking again. Maybe I’m a country girl at heart? Can we call Southampton the country?
02. Popped into Selfridges while I was up there and bought the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation. Unfortunately though, I got it home and it was completely the wrong colour. I got matched up my the MUA and I KNEW I saw her mix two colours together, but before I could say anything she was already putting it through the till for me. So now I’m either going to have to sell it or get tanning! Tricky considering what a pasty white ghost I usually am.
03. After a lot of thinking, I’ve decided to move my jewellery store to bigcartel, basically because eBay decided to make me its bitch and take all my profits. I’ve got rent to pay you know! I think it’s become a bit clichéd for fashion bloggers to have a jewellery shop. No hating please, just my opinion! But I started mine a long time ago and really worked hard on branding and setting the whole thing up, and my blog sort of grew from that, not the other way around. I’ve got an exciting new piece that I’ll be posting about later!
04. For some reason I’ve become ADDICTED to How I Met Your Mother since its been on E4 every night. Neil Patrick Harris is a babe! I remember watching the first series when it came out, still quietly devastated from losing Friends, and telling myself after 5 minutes that I would never watch this show again. How times change when you’re alone in a hotel room with nothing to do but watch bad-good TV while making your way through a stack of peanut butter on toast you had sent to the room...
I've been up in London on a training course for the last week and stupidly decided to go out with a couple of the girls there the night before our big final exam! Not wise. I wore this with my Allegra boots and immediately felt overdressed standing in a line with thirty girls wearing little more than underwear.
I love the colour of this top and the way it hangs. These sheer sleeveless shirts seem to be everywhere at the moment. I’ve been wearing it a lot over a pair of light denim jeans or shorts. Does anyone else have to wear something to death when they first buy it?
01+02. Nandos time! Took Darren out for lunch on his birthday. I’m not sure why we even look at the menu anymore, we order the same thing every time! Roasted Portobello Mushroom and Grilled Halloumi Cheese Wrap. Ohh, my mouth waters.
03. Lets it be remembered, that my childhood ended on the July 17th 2011. Call me what you will but I’m not ashamed to say that I absolutely wept watching the last Harry Potter. I grew up with the story, and now the thought that I’ll never get to experience the excitement of a new film or book coming out, never queue up at midnight (yes, that happened, in costume as well ... I was young) makes me beyond sad! On a happier note though, how fit did Neville get?!
04. My baby! Still absolutely in love with it, I think I’ve read more books this week than in the last year. The only even slightly negative thing I have to say about it is the fact that some of my favourites aren’t available as e-books. Get on it Amazon.
05. Nutella Sakeaway. Heaven in a cup. And to make it even sweeter, I got it free with my fully stamped loyalty card. Such accomplishment.
06. Who needs McDonalds when you can have a jacket potato and a ridiculous face to go with it?
Today I went out with some friends for a pub lunch. Decided to wear something with a little give after nearly popping the button off my jeans last time. Had sausage and mash with a jug of this beauty!
I posted about this playsuit from F&F a few weeks ago but haven’t had the opportunity to wear it yet as the weathers been so miserable. Love it with this little dream catcher knit waistcoat which seems to go with everything I own.
I’m going up to London next week for a training course and I’m definitely going to be popping into the new Forever 21 store there. I’ve been pouring over their website today, especially the jewellery which is just my style (and so cheap!). This claw necklace is practically a weapon.
For now though, I’ve got popcorn smothered in Nutella and the beautiful Emily Blunt on my telly waiting for me! Hope everyone’s had a lovely week!
My first GlossyBox came in the post today! I was a little over excited, but after all the hype, controversy and disappointment that’s been circulating around these boxes over the last couple of months I just wanted to rip it open and see what was inside!
GlossyBox we're very lucky to get such a great full sized product like the Nars illuminator into first box, which attracted most people in, but I think it’s also worked against them now as every new box is undoubtedly going to be compared to that first. I still think it’s a great concept though and I'm pretty sure people will be kicking themselves after cancelling their subscriptions.
I was a little gutted I didn't get the mini Xen-Tan that I've seen in a few other people's boxes (if anyone wants to swap something for it, let me know!) but overall, I'm pretty happy. Love the colour of the nail varnish from Ciaté, one of my favourite brands and totally surprised to see the full sized Illamasque pigment in there which at £15.50, makes up for a whole box and a half!
I think the great thing about GlossyBox, and probably its main aim, is to help people discover new brands and products that they wouldn't usually look into. So instead of trying to bag something well known and expensive for cheap, I think we all need to enjoy the products that we're given and hopefully, fall in love with them all! And anyway, who doesn't love to get a mystery box full of treats every month!?
So I finally caved and bought these. I think they're fast becoming the new Jeffrey Campbell Lita's seeing as everyone seems to have them! I'm not a huge fan of heels, mainly due to the fact that if I'm any more than in inch off the ground, I can barely put one foot in front of the other without falling down. But what can I say? Chelsea boots with chunky heels. Perfection. Even if I do just have to wear them while tottering around the house.
Also, apologies for the crappy photobooth picture, but I just had to show you all these. My shiny new Canon 550D is on its way to me as we speak and regular blogging can resume!
01. Hello! Yes, I am still alive! I've been having a bit of a complicated couple of weeks, hence no updates, and have been struck down by the fact that I no longer have a DSLR. Not wanting to dig out my ancient 3 megapixel excuse for a camera, I haven't been able to post about anything in a while. Hopefully though, that'll be all out of the way soon enough and things can get back to normal.
02. It was my birthday last week! I was a very lucky girl and got lots of lovely things which I plan to show you all very soon! Ahh, 19 feels so old! I'm starting to think I need to grow up now and stop spending money on silly things when I haven't even bought food for the week!
03. In complete contradiction to what I just said, I bought myself a Kindle. I really love reading, and even took English Literature at college and after being totally inspired by Blair's Reading Diaries Series I caved and and splashed out. I was afraid reading on a kindle would never live up to the real book experience, but as soon as I got into the story, it didn't even cross my mind. Also, LOVE not having that whole awkward easier-to-read-one-page-than-the-other-when-lying-down situation. Currently reading Never Let Me Go. Such a beautiful, sad book.
04. My washing machine broke this week. I was dying a pair of shorts (still not sure if this was the cause of death or just coincidence) when it made the saddest little sound and came to a stop. Being the undomesticated idiot that I am, I gave it a few kicks thinking that would force it back into action and ended up completely murdering it. I think it was even smoking at one point and I'm now afraid to go near it. Since then I've been carting washing home to my parents and have therefore been digging around at the bottom of my wardrobe and rediscovering things I haven’t worn in years. I think people, myself most of all, become too reliant on only wearing their most recently purchased items. I'm not saying that I'll never buy anything again, as if, but I think I'll be having a much better look at what I've already got before doing so, something I highly recommend to those with a bit of a overshopping addiction!
05. Today I realised it was July. Where has this year gone? They’re already discussing the Christmas sale at work and I'm still shopping for bikinis. Madness.